An experienced diver may need or wish to dive without a buddy, for instance to make underwater photography. During this unique type of speciality course, Self Reliant Diver, you’ll learn more about risks of diving alone, about need for redundant equipments and also about additional safety equipments required. Three intensive and rewarding dives will develop your skills and solid competences for autonomy and self reliance. Finally and as strange as it can be, at the end of this course, you’ll certainly become a better buddy for your future dive partners.
Important : This course his for experimented divers only.
- To be at least 18 years old
- Good health (medical certificate required)
- Having the Advanced Open Water Diver or an equivalent certificate
- Having an experience of at least 100 recorded dives i
The course covers:
- Value and usage of buddy system in scuba diving as well as philosophy and motivations to go for solo diving in autonomy.
- Threats and methods to handle them as well as the need for equipment redundancy to ensure a complete autonomy
- Techniques of solo diving
- Planning dives in solo and planning and handling gas mixes (if needed)
The course comprises:
- 1 theoretical course
- 3 dives in natural field
The equipment that will be used:
- All dive equipment required for a solo dive
The prices includes:
- Inscription fees
- School fees
- The scuba diving equipment loaned by the school
- 3 dives (in lake)
- The certificate
The price does not include:
- The mandatory medical examination
- The fins, mask and the snorkel required from the first course
- The gloves and the diving boots
- Dry suit
- Backup mask
What you will be able to do once certified:
- You will have enough knowledge to plan and organize your solo dives.